Chances are, if you are reading this, you know that hiking and camping gear is expensive. It’s hard to throw in the towel sometimes and make purchases when you are on a budget. How will you know if it’s worth the money?
That’s why we are going to talk about some outdoor subscription boxes that are an affordable way for you to try out a variety of different gear, foodies, apparel, tools and more. So, if you have been wanting to try out some different gear, but don’t really know where to start, or even want to expand your horizons and try different brands, one of these subscription boxes may be for you!!
- Cairn Box
- The Cairn Box is just $30 a month and in your box, you receive three to five different outdoor gear pieces. On top of that, you may get some sort of apparel, camping snacks or skin care products in your box. After you get your box, you can review the products you receive to earn points that get you discounts on the Carin Shop. Click here for their website! Several Dirty Girls have subscribed to this box in the past – mostly useful and cool stuff. If you don’t like it or need it you can trade it!
- This box has similar products to Cairn, except you get to complete a profile tailored to your interested and the Nomadik team curates your box according to your adventure interests. Each month, the box has a different theme, which is neat because it could inspire you to go on a different adventure you may not have tried before! For $32.95, you can get your first box! Click here for their website!
- Little Hiker
- Little Hiker is a bit different than the other boxes. A lot of Dirty Girls have Dirty Kids and of course, we want to inspire them to get outside! Little Hiker is an outdoor adventure subscription box for kiddos! It is $35 a month, and includes a little something for you, something for your little hiker, snacks and some stickers/activity sheets as well. Click here for their website!
- Different from your typical gear subscription boxes, Apocabox will give you a hand-selected collection of survival tools for $50 a month. The founder or Apocabox is an author of over 14 survival manuals and the host of The Weather Channel’s show “SOS HOW TO SURVIVE.” Every box includes a challenge that is designed to teach you a specific survival skill and will include a password to a protected video tutorial. Click here for their website!
- Adventure Standard
- This box made the list because it is designed by women and made for women! Perfect for any Dirty Girl! It was started by a woman named Leann Pickard, who was fed up with the limited offerings at outdoor stores of cool, locally-made products for women. For $59.95, the box comes with 3-6 products that are all made by women in America! The products are great to bring along with you for a camping trip. Camping mugs, lip balm, sunglasses and teas are just a few of the things that here for their website.
There are many outdoor subscription boxes out there, but these are just a few that caught out eye. Let us know if you have purchased any outdoor subscription boxes before and what you liked!